Cardiac Cath Lab Manager
Job ID: 75568
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Cardiac Cath Lab Manager
Full Time, M-F, 24/7 accountability
We are looking for candidates for Cardiac Cath Lab Manager to join our extraordinary team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
The manager of Cardiology/Cardiac Catheterization Services is responsible and accountable for coordination and direction of the overall operation of the invasive cardiology department. This person provides administrative and clinical supervision to staff and arranges for outside contract services, participates in departmental planning, revenue analysis and budgeting, develops policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements, manages and utilizes financial and material resources consistent with the organization mission statement, and when necessary provides direct patient care services consistent with licensure. The manager functions as a multi disciplinary team member both within the department and with other healthcare providers in the health system and community. Patients served include adult and adult-geriatric age groups.
Dedicates oneself to achieving excellence in service by applying the hospital’s leadership values in daily work practices.
· Excellence in Service · Integrity
· Responsibility · Innovative/Creativity
· Teamwork/Team dynamics · Cultural diversity/Cultural sensitivity
Responsible for the development and administration of departmental goals and objectives and their concurrence with the hospital mission/vision and goals.
- Understands the bigger picture and his/her role in it.
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality service to all customers, as well as meeting regulatory requirements and continually improving performance. Responsible for appropriate management of resources
- Development and administration of annual fiscal goals, including operating and capital goals
- Effectively manages the human resources of the department. Includes managing staffing levels, developing staff, maintaining good communication, and promoting high employee morale.
Demonstrates compliance to national patient safety goals
- Follows hand washing policies and procedures
- Aware of prohibited abbreviation list and does not use these prohibited abbreviations with any documentation in the medical record
- Uses approved abbreviations for all documentation in the patient medical record
- When taking verbal orders, documents individually and immediately reads back in its entirety to the physician for verification, not merely repeated
- Uses the procedure for sit, procedure, and patient
- Ensure that alarms are activated with appropriate setting and sufficiently audible with respect to distance and competing noise within unit.
- Ensures confidentiality and rights of patients and employees and the confidentiality of all hospital and departmental documents, including being in compliance with HIPAA.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for job duties and is accountable for own actions.
- Adheres to all hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital compliance policies.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Orients or delegates the orientation of new employees
- Hospital mission and vision
- Department role/function
- Department policies and procedures
- Hospital policies, i.e. safety, infection control, etc.
- Validates current license
- Arranges for general hospital orientation
- Promotes hospital culture of excellence in customer service
- Provides advice and guidance to all professional staff in handling clinical and administrative matters or problems as needed
- Monitors competency review and clinical performance
- Develops and implements a departmental competency assessment program
- Ongoing observation of clinical performance, or by chart reviews
- Schedule peer reviews or in-service as necessary
- Monitors compliance with CEU requirements for licensure
- Evaluates, negotiates, and administers fees for service contract with outside agencies an/or independent contractors as needed
At UM Shore Regional Health, you’ll experience:
- The advantages of working for a Magnet® designated Medical Center
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Minimum Education, Experience and License/Certification Required:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, or of a radiologic technology program approved by the American Medical Association Council on Medical Education, or a combination of education and experience necessary to obtain proficiency in job duties.
- Certification: BCLS and ACLS certification required. National Registry or eligibility in Nursing, Cardiovascular Technology (CCI), Respiratory Care Practitioner (NBRC) or Radiologic Technology (AART).
- Experience: At least 5 years of clinical experience in an invasive cardiac cath lab, or combination cath lab and critical care experience required. 3 years in a lead/supervisory/management capacity (staff and students) as well as experience in program development and quality improvement is preferred. Knowledge in business management, personnel management, budgeting and regulatory agency requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows or successful completion of a hospital training program is required.