The University of Maryland Medical System is a 14-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Web Project Coordinator for our Baltimore location.Under the direction of the Director, Web Services, the Web Project Coordinator works closely with the Web Project Manager to implement strategic web initiatives, reviewing content and reporting progress against established guidelines and timelines.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Works with system and entity stakeholders to assess needs and identify appropriate web solutions.
2. As an expert user of content management system, makes entity and system web updates.
3. Creates and maintains comprehensive user documentation and style guides.
4. Provides backup support for maintaining various analytics dashboards and reports.
5. Manages website domain purchases, renewals and transfers.
6. Creates web banners and optimizes images for the web.
7. Works with third party vendor(s) to ensure the accuracy of external online directory listings.
8. Supports the Web Project Manager in administering, analyzing and reporting results of user surveys.
9. Reviews web content for adherence to AP Style, search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and brand standards.
10. Keeps abreast of healthcare internet trends, technology and best practices.
As a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees.
Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities