- Assesses the patient's psychosocial situation in relation to the medical and psychiatric needs and plans appropriate interventions and treatment goals to improve patient/family functioning, in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and generally accepted clinical social work practices. A. Interviews patients, family members, and/or significant others identified through case finding or referral to assess needs for social work services. B. Reviews patient chart and nursing care plans for pertinent medical care or nursing care information.
- Provides family counseling and other clinical services to patients, such as, psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral approaches, task-centered treatment and crisis intervention based on assessed needs using individual, family, or group modalities in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and generally accepted clinical social work practices. A. Provides preventive, protective, or supportive services to patients who are in or who are threatened by situations detrimental to their well-being. B. Collaborates with the health care team regarding in-hospital needs and post-hospital care. C. Interprets psycho-social services programs and procedures to client, staff and community organizations.
- Coordinates and maintains a viable discharge planning program for the assigned service area to identify patient needs and plan for appropriate after-care services. A. Ensures continuity of care through comprehensive and appropriate discharge planning with patient, family, and/or significant others.
- Documents appropriate data from psycho-social assessments, individual contacts, family interventions and discharge planning according to department policy and procedures and State, Federal, and Joint Commission stipulated requirements.
- Evaluates psycho-social services program objectives and results and participates in program planning and improvement in accordance with the mission of the hospital and department. A. Prepares and submits statistical information according to departmental policy on "reporting and recording" for continuity of care.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional development through participation in relevant in-service and continuing educational programs. A. Actively examines clinical practice and seeks self improvement through use of supervision, peer consultation, or other methods to develop therapeutic knowledge and skills. B. Participates in the training and education of allied health professionals in the hospital and/or in the community. C. Participate in the clinical teaching and instruction of undergraduate or graduate social work interns in the field of practice.
- Provide supervision to designated social work staff, as required.
| || |
| || |