1. Provide exemplary customer service support to the Medical System for purchasing and supply chain needs by being customer focused and responsive to the needs of the organization.
2. Reviews requests to purchase (purchase requisitions) for appropriateness and action on a daily basis and issues purchase orders in accordance with the “Due Date” on the requisition.
3. Communicates effectively with their internal customers and vendors to minimize supply chain disruptions.
4. Contacts vendors/suppliers to research product information and verify pricing, product and/or service availability, unit of measures quantity and delivery dates.
5. Resolves discrepant invoice issues in a timely manner consistent with organizational policy by working in conjunction with Accounts Payable, Receiving, UMMS Contracting. Requesting Department and the vendor.
6. Communicates with Vendors and End Users to obtain Purchase Order Confirmations, Proof of Deliveries, and quotes on a daily basis.
7. Updates the Item Table on an as necessary basis when vendor information, pricing, Unit of Measure, or products changes occur.
8. Updates the Vendor Table on an as necessary basis as required.
9. Reviews and closes out open purchase orders or lines on a purchase order on a monthly basis if the order or
line will not be delivered.
10. Reviews and processes Change Orders for End Users in adherence to departmental guidelines.
11. Process expedited and emergency orders per requests of end users in accordance to departmental policy.
12. Communicates back order / substitution / delivery changes and related information to End Users in a timely manner so that operational and supply disruptions will be minimized.
13. Monitor Customer Service Inbox and voicemail for exemplary customer service support.
14. Assists departments with identifying alternative products/goods when necessary.
15. Provides training to internal customers in regards to ERP and periphery systems support as required.
16. On a regular basis manages the use of creating “Draft” purchase orders and ensures that such orders are cleared within five business days.
17. Works with various procurement organizations such as Global Health Exchange (GHX), Vizient, Premier, etc. to ensure best pricing and benchmark standards.
18. Assists departments when products/goods need to be returned to vendors.
19. Assists and support their assigned commodity teams as necessary.
1. High school diploma equivalent (GED) is required. Associate's degree in General Business is preferred.
2. Two years of work experience in a Purchasing function working with purchase orders, accounts payable, receiving departments, vendors and customers.
3. Experience using PC spreadsheet software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and a computerized purchasing system is preferred.
4. Experience/knowledge of bid/pricing solicitation practices is required. Experience reviewing contracts is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to gather information for Medical System personnel on products, vendors, etc. and respond to the requestor timely, accurately and efficiently. Ability to collect pertinent information, interview suppliers, relay information, answer questions and resolve issues, problems and/or discrepancies related to purchase orders or the supply chain in a timely, professional, courteous and efficient manner.
2. Demonstrated ability to perform cost benefit comparisons and analysis to determine the true cost of goods and /services.
3. Ability to work in and manage in a multi-task environment.
4. Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.