Responsible for the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients, medical equipment and patient-related items to their destinations enabling physicians, nurses, technicians, and therapists to perform their duties in an effective manner. Ensures positive patient, customer and satisfaction, proper utilization of body mechanics, adherence to policies, procedures and standards established by Crothall, Hospital, Departmental and regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients to their destination to
include bringing the proper requested equipment.
2. Notifies nursing personnel, clinician, technician or reception upon arrival for patient.
Verifies correct patient identification by comparing information from pager to patient
wristband and the hospital’s designated 2nd form of identification on the chart.
Obtains correct chart; verifies proper mode of transportation and confirms standard
3. Adheres to all established policies and procedures including patient safety and care.
4. Exhibits excellent verbal and listening skills.
5. Drives quality and continuously improves departmental performance through timely
response to pages from Team Transport and management staff.
Responds to all transport requests with a sense of urgency.
6. Demonstrates competency in transporting all specific age-groups.
7. Follows all isolation and radiation precaution signs.8. Utilizes proper body mechanics when lifting and transferring patients to and from
High school graduate, equivalent or equal-related experience. Preferred transport or hospital experience.