The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), an innovator in Cardiac Surgery,we have a national reputation for treating the complex heart conditions using the most advanced treatment options and therapies. In this center, cardiology, cardiac and vascular surgery and other subspecialties come together to attack heart disease from every angle.
The Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit provides care to adult patients requiring pre-and post-operative care for cardiothoracic surgical conditions. Care is provided on a continuous24-hours basis. This 21-bed unit is available for critically ill patients requiring intensive care (ICU) as well as patients requiring intermediate care (IMC).
This role is reserved for the new graduate or nurse with less than 12 months experience. The nurse will utilize this time to learn the institution and nursing practice. It is expected that a nurse in this role successfully pass the probationary period within 12 months (18 months maximum with a defined action plan developed with manager). Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional nurse. Participates in activities to develop own practice, and to support group practice goals at the unit level. Functions effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team. Is accountable to patient, family and team members for care provided, and to the nurse manager for totality of work performance.
• A competitive wage scale with available premiums
• Up to $10,000 a year for your post-graduate degree at the University of Maryland
• An achievable professional advancement model
• The chance to grow as an individual/professional by joining a leading national center for Cardiac Surgery in a revolutionary approach to patient care
• A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, retirement contribution, and more!