The Special Projects Coordinator will independently lead project management and administrative event planning services for department. This person will provide leadership in the planning, development and management of projects and events consistent with strategic goals and annual operating plans. Responsibilities include researching, analyzing, and independently developing, planning and implementing projects or special events.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Leads in project management and special events planning to achieve established departmental goals.
2. Leads the planning team for events and special projects. Identifies planning strategies and developing budgets for assigned events and special projects.
3. Works independently in development of project plans, using critical thinking to evaluate the most effective methods for tracking deadlines, critical steps and project progress.
4. Evaluates the planning and implementation of projects, provides immediate and effective changes as indicated by evaluative findings throughout process to achieve expected outcomes.
5. Develops and leads in project management plan including but not limited to: budget, PQRS, productivity reporting, project planning, recognition, acknowledgment materials, project deadlines, communications, written plans, and team management.
6. Interfaces and collaborates with applicable directors and managers throughout the health system in the development, planning and execution of special events or projects. Works with external vendors and contractors; monitors and maintains event budget and evaluates effectiveness of events. Provides leadership for planning meetings related to special events or projects. Responsible for the research and data compilation from a variety of internal and external resources to provide support for research, recruitment, grant proposals, reporting, recognition and regulatory compliance.
7. Prepares and issues reports and analyses, and performs evaluations of new projects/events.
8. Provides support for payroll entry and resolution, data collection and evaluation of current and identified future resources needs.
9. Provides leadership for planning meetings related to special projects and events.
10. Prepares written documents in support of development events and programs, including correspondence, agendas, scripts, invitations, promotional materials and VIP briefings and reports.
As a University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UM CMG) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM CMG and employees.
1. Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and applicable experience, is required.
2. Experience in communications, practice or business management, communications, project management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge and ability to adhere to appropriate departmental protocol when working with administrators, contributors and volunteers of UMMC.
2. Demonstrated expertise in interpersonal communications and working well within a team.
3. Demonstrated expertise in project planning, communications, budget management, and other aspects of project management.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional writing experience.
5. Demonstrated ability to work collegially within complex systems.
6. Demonstrated leadership on an increasing level of responsibility.
7. Maintains and increases knowledge in field of project management, data analysis, budget responsibility, and customer relations through coursework, seminars, workshops, conferences and professional contacts.