University of Maryland Medical Center is currently seeking a Director for Balitmore Area Health Education Center (AHEC). This position will be a part of our Community Engagement and Workforce Development Department, located in downtown Baltimore, MD.
Provides mission oriented, visionary and executive leadership to enable fulfillment of essential functions to the organization. Directs, supervises and guides staff services to generate and sustain supportive linkages for programs and services provided to the public.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Responsible to the Board of Directors for operation of all functions, programs, and services of the organization. Annually negotiates a work plan for priority organization with the Board of Directors.
2. Serves as the organization's primary liaison & external representative with multiple organizations, agencies and public officials, including University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), the federal AHEC office, the Western Maryland AHEC, the Eastern Shore AHEC, the National AHEC Organization (NAO) and state health organizations.
3. Tracks data and reports program outcomes to Maryland AHEC Program office (MAHEC). Generates monthly invoices to submit to UMB for payment.
4. Responsible for fiscal activities of the organization including generating the budget, recommending modifications and making purchases.
5. Prepares and submits grant applications to ensure sustainability and expand the Baltimore AHEC.
6. Attend the National AHEC Conference. Occasional national, regional and/or local travel, as needed.
7. Recruits and makes final approval of all new agency hires or contractual personnel. Supervises BAHEC staff, including signing of time sheets, approval of leave, and any work related support.
8. Supervises program/service areas and conducts employee performance appraisals. Oversees implementation of personnel & financial policies and procedures.
9. Responsible for collaboration with the Maryland AHEC Program Office (MAHEC); specifically strategic planning and other program development.
Education and Experience
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities