What You Will Do:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Acts as an intermediary for executives. Interacts with high level contacts requiring considerable discretion and initiative. Makes decisions on specific operating problems within authorized scope. Independently responds and refers telephone calls and inquiries as appropriate.
- Independently composes confidential correspondence, memoranda, documentation and presentation material on a wide variety of subjects requiring a thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures. Reviews, summarizes and responds to documents as required.
- Coordinates and maintains executive schedules. Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements. Compiles agenda and briefing material; briefs executive on pertinent agenda issues and prepares minutes for meetings. Point-person for follow-up on meetings, projects and initiatives.
- Oversees special projects, assignments and strategic work. Coordinates with staff-level Executive Assistants to conduct background research on emerging issues, track progress and deadlines to ensure work is completed in a timely manner, and identifies areas which require executive’s immediate attention.
- Compiles, analyzes and verifies complex financial and/or statistical data. Prepares financial and operational reports, analyzes progress and adverse trends and makes appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Prepares and monitors expense accounts.
- Ensures policies and procedures are up-to-date and modified in accordance with hospital objectives and changes to process, etc. Reviews current practices and provides recommendations as appropriate.
- Sets up and maintains paper and electronic filing systems in accordance to departmental procedures or The Joint Commission record keeping requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Associate Degree is preferred.
- Five years of experience as an Executive Secretary or Assistant to Senior Management is required.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is required.
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.