Come work for University of Maryland Medical Center, a hospital that is recognized as a national leader in patient safety and quality. We are a multidisciplinary clinical, educational and research institution that is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment to everyone who enters our doors. Our employees strive every day to make sure they are delivering the safest and highest quality of care.
As a Medical Assistant I you will be working under the direct supervision of the on-site physician, assisting in the delivery of patient care, performing delegated medical tasks, assisting physician and nursing staff with patient care and some clerical duties.
Benefits of working at UMMC:
• A competitive wage scale
• Becoming part of a teaching hospital and the world renowned Shock Trauma Center
• Tuition Reimbursement: Up to $2,500 for your undergraduate degree and up to $5,000 a year for graduate degree
• A full benefit package including Health, Vision and Dental
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
• Demonstrated skill in venipuncture.
• CPR certification required- All candidates are required to have CPR Certification through American Heart Association prior to their start date.