Seeking Experienced ER Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (ER), Full Time, Nights
When we say “our community” we mean it.
University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join or team of Registered Nurses, you’ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff members who provide care in 30+ specialties. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.
About the Emergency Room Unit:
UMMC Midtown Campus Emergency Department provides 24-hour evaluation and emergency treatment for patients of all ages. Our experienced ED team is comprised of board-certified faculty physicians from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, critical care nurses, crisis evaluators, case managers, and specialized ED techs. UMMC Midtown Campus is designated as a Primary Stroke Center, a Base Station hospital, and a Level 3 Trauma Center. The Emergency Department also now has its own behavioral unit that provides safe and specialized care and support for our behavioral health patients. All Emergency Department patients are stabilized, then discharged, transferred to the appropriate specialty facility, or admitted to UMMC Midtown Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand, follow protocols and help others with; core measures, restraints, falls, wound, pain, customer service, National Patient Safety Goals, critical values, patient teaching and suicide assessment.
2. Functions as charge nurse and/or preceptor.
3. Works with supervisor to resolve issues at the unit level.
4. Collaborates with other disciplines.
5. Participates in committees and/or task forces.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC-Midtown Campus, you will experience:
• A competitive pay scale
• A collaborative and compassionate environment
• Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision
• Vacation time + sick time + personal days, tuition reimbursement, retirement contributions and more!
Our supportive workplace community, coupled with an extensive benefits package and bright future, make University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus a smart choice for your career.