What You Will Do:
Community Psychiatry Division
Registration Specialist – Walter P Carter Midtown Carruthers Clinic
The Division of Community Psychiatry is seeking a Registration Specialist to work at the Midtown Carruthers Ambulatory Behavioral Health Clinic. The Walter P Carter Midtown Carruthers Clinic is located on the University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown campus in Baltimore City.
- Greets and directs patients and visitors and provides assistance as needed.
- Utilizes multi-line phone system; responds to or handles inquiries or takes messages; and transfers calls to appropriate staff.
- Registers patients in EPIC verifying insurance and demographic information.
- Schedules appointments in EPIC.
- Runs daily reports as defined by the clinic
- Monitors activities in the waiting area.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of department office equipment and supplies.
- Provides clerical support duties as requested (filing, faxing, sorting, scanning, etc.).
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in a health care environment involving public contact is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using an electronic registration and scheduling system is required.
- EPCI training and experience is preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a busy front office reception environment is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.