The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Monthly Financial Results
1. Reviews monthly financial reports generated by UMMS Finance Shared Services with Regional Management and others as needed.
2. Provides analysis and insight into variances from budget and recommends corrective action to Regional Management and Shared Services Finance.
3. Collaborates with Accounting to validate the Regional Financial Statements.
4. Reviews financial reserve calculations for consistency and practicality.
Crimson Medical Group Advantage
1. Assists in the implementation and ongoing use of the CMGA Business Intelligence tool and validates the data back to the source system to include billing, general ledger, payroll and FTE reports
2. Monitors performance dashboards for each employed physician, clinical site, department, or division to identify trends and opportunity for improvement.
3. Utilizes CMGA for monthly summary report showing financial performance, productivity, patient satisfaction and quality measures and metrics for the consolidated Regional Physician Services enterprise. Measures the financial and operational performance of the group on a monthly basis.
4. Develops a high level of knowledge (Super User Certification) and expertise in CMGA and is able to educate and train others.
5. Validates data feeds and coordinates with CMGA on a monthly basis. Reconciles data back to source systems and recommends changes.
6. Partners with the Regional Practice Management Director and Medical Director to meet with Site Managers and Physicians to review performance and implement changes.
1. Assists in the preparation of the Regional Operating and Capital Budget in accordance with System Guidelines and UMCMG assumptions.
2. Meets and educates regional management, practice managers and physicians on budget process and expectations.
3. Responsible for identifying and implementing efficiencies with daily processing and reporting of the budget. .
1. Monitors and calculates physician bonuses and non-standard compensation payments.
2. Meets with physicians and practice managers to review physician compensation calculations.
3. Processes payroll adjustments.
4. Completes ad hoc compensation analysis as needed.
5. Validates and ensures the integrity of all data used to calculate physician compensation payments.
6. Provides bonus and other accrual information to the Accounting Manager for preparation of monthly ledger.
1. Prepares ad hoc financial analysis as requested.
2. Provides analysis and insight into variances from Budget and recommends corrective action steps.
3. Prepares proformas supporting new physicians and/or new programs.
4. Performs related duties as assigned.
As a University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UM CMG) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM CMG and employees.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Five years of related experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Communicate effectively with all levels hospital staff, patients, and visitors.
Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Advanced analytical skills.
Ability to integrate clinical knowledge with financial skills.