The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Reviews menu and assembles supplies, equipment, and food as needed for daily salad and cold foods preparation.
2. Prepares salad mixes and sandwich spreads such as tuna chicken and egg salad. Assembles sandwiches and other items.
A. Selects, measures, grinds, and slices food according to daily production needs; prepares tossed salads by cutting and mixing the various salad vegetables according to departmental procedure.
B. Prepares and portions "ready to eat" salads according to procedure for distribution to patients and to the cafeteria service.
C. Prepares sandwiches and specialty items as directed.
D. Prepares all ingredients for cooks, using recipes, appropriate amounts and ingredients for cooks to finish the entrée and menu items for all areas.
3. Reports supply shortages to supervisor in order to maintain appropriate level of supplies. Evaluates food production service and makes recommendations to improve services. Consults with supervisor concerning special items and provides feedback on services.
4. Inspect food, vegetables, and supplies to ensure they meet departmental requirements. Reports spoiled, unattractive food items, or other unusual conditions to supervisor.
5. Maintains a safe and sanitary work area at all times.
A. Cleans and maintains equipment and salad bar according to a cleaning schedule and departmental guidelines.
B. Checks equipment to ensure proper functioning, and reports equipment malfunction to immediate supervisor.
6. Follows department procedures to ensure the safe handling of all food items including covering, labeling, and dating of food items.
7. Adheres to HACCP food handling and guidelines. Maintain temperature logs of prepared foods, holding refrigerators, etc.
8. Maintains compliance with standards of operation for services especially guidelines for food handling and storage and Business Conduct guidelines. Maintains all records and reports necessary and complies with government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.