What You Will Do:
- CNII functions in the clinical setting as described in the RN: Clinical, job description.
- CNII nurse must have demonstrated the ability to function as charge nurse efficiently and/or precept new staff members.
- Successfully completed the Preceptor and/or Charge Nurse program.
- Demonstrate, document, and teach others as it relates to their unit: core measures, restraints, falls, wound, pain, customer service, National Patient Safety Goals, critical values, patient teaching, and suicide assessment.
- Demonstrate the ability to delegate and supervise personnel.
- Integrate technical competencies while integrating the biopsychosocial aspects of patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and caring for groups of patients. He/she consults others for assistance in recognizing his/her strengths and areas in need of professional growth. Professional nursing practice complies with the Maryland Practice Act.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient safety goals, hospital and nursing quality performance measures, and patient education.
- Ensures best practices are being met for clients and actively collaborates with other disciplines.
- Participates in service wide committees, task forces, or planning committees to meet the goals and mission of nursing services, Maryland General Hospital, and the University of Maryland Medical System.
- Anticipates patient needs and becomes proficient at ensuring customer service is outstanding for his/her clients and role models and influences those on the unit. Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Understand, follow protocols and help others with; core measures, restraints, falls, wound, pain, customer service, National Patient Safety Goals, critical values, patient teaching and suicide assessment. 2. Functions as charge nurse and/or preceptor. 3. Works with supervisor to resolve issues at the unit level. 4. Collaborates with other disciplines. 5. Participates in committees and/or task forces.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Registered Nurse; completion of the Preceptor and/or Charge Nurse program preferred. Completion of 30 contact hours, including 12 annual Nursing Spectrum articles.
- Minimum of 1 year nursing experience.
- Currently licensed in the State of Maryland.
- ACLS provider completion within 1 year of employment in the following departments: ICU/IMC, PACU, Interventional Radiology, GI Lab, and ED.
- PALS completion within 1 year of employment in the following departments: PACU and Emergency Department.
- BLS provider completion.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.