University of Maryland Medical Center is currently seeking a Supported Employement Specialist for our Harbor City Location.
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, -the Employment Specialist will provide vocational rehabilitation for people with serious mental illnesses that emphasizes helping them obtain competitive work in the community and providing the supports necessary to ensure their success in the workplace. SE will help consumers find jobs that pay competitive wages in integrated settings (i.e., with other people who don’t necessarily have disabilities) in the community.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Performs supported employment services for clients in the community in accordance with departmental procedures and in line with the State of Maryland EBP certification requirements
- Develops Individual Vocational Plans (IVPs) every six months that include consumer focused, consumer determined SMART goals (six months), short term objectives, and on-site and off-site employment specialist services. Team involvement in plan development including case manager, individual therapist and other important members of the consumer’s network.
- Job Development is performed and begins as soon as the client expresses a desire to work. Develops activities that integrate the client with non-psychiatrically disabled co-workers, such as, company sponsored recreational activities, job fairs - Employer Contacts are based on consumer job preferences and jobs are developed in different settings and there are a diversity of job types.- . Individualized, follow –along supports are provided to employers and consumers on a time unlimited basis. - . Keeps in contact with employers to monitor client performance including job completion, acceptance of supervision, interaction with co-workers and attendance and punctuality. - Conducts discussion groups for clients eager to find employment or interested in working together to discuss work issues/concerns. Provides weekly reports to Supervisor regarding attendance and client progress.
- Assists in providing outreach services that may include, phone/home visits, transportation of clients to and from program and on the job coaching/support as needed and at the consumer’s request.
- Provides Clinical Coordination Services as defined by the EBP guidelines to integrate supported employment efforts with the mental health treatment.
- Completes all daily visit, monthly summary and semi-annual documentation as required by EBP and program guidelines.