The UM St. Joseph Medical Group is a growing network of physicians who are affiliated with St. Joseph Medical Center. The group includes primary care physicians (internists, family practitioners, OB/GYNs), specialists and surgeons with offices in communities throughout the Greater Baltimore region.
Many of the area’s most respected primary care and specialty practices have joined to take advantage of the remarkable resources, expertise and convenience of St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson. The renowned physicians and specialists. The recognized centers of excellence in cancer, cardiac care, women and children, and orthopedics. The world-class care with community-based caring.
The Medical Secretary II performs all secretarial functions to include but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, scheduling appointments, maintaining files, edit and proofread materials, distributing correspondence. The Medical Secretary II is responsible for monitoring patient check in and check out and performing other duties as assigned.
COMMUNICATIONS AND COLLABORATION:
1. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of patients and employees. Addresses patients, families, visitors, co-workers and physicians with courtesy and respect.
2. Respects patients' rights by addressing patient by name and maintaining confidentiality. Collaborates with the patient, significant others, and ancillary departments to become a multidisciplinary health care team whose goal is to provide care that is continuous and well-coordinated.
3. Accurately maintains charts, files, and identification numbers. Obtains, verifies and documents required patient information.
1. Responsible for patient check-in and discharge, scheduling.
PRIMARY CARE OFFICE REGISTRATION:
1. Facilitates an efficient and professional registration process through the attainment of demographic and financial information, via face-to-face registration, that is pertinent to appropriate reimbursement and statistical analysis.
2. Responsible for entering information accurately in both the Medical Records and Patient Billing systems.
3. Ensures completion and accuracy of all registration forms and documents and schedules follow-up visits into proper systems.
4. Prints daily clinic schedules, prepares new patient information packets, answers telephone and triages calls/questions as appropriate.
5. Collects physician practice authorizations, enter appropriate information in both registration/billing systems.
6. Instructs patients to obtain referrals as needed. Assists with follow up directly with referring physician office as needed.
7. Explains general policies related to registration, co-payments, referrals, pre-authorizations, and deductibles as well as policies related to physician billing and different specialty services within UMSJMG.
As a UM St. Joseph Medical Group employee, and a part of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), you may be eligible for some company benefits. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM St. Joseph Medical Group and employees.