Under limited supervision provides executive support to the Chief Executive Officer. Performs complex and responsible duties of a highly confidential nature that require comprehensive knowledge of the organizational policies and operations. Regularly required to resolve complex administrative problems independently. Coordinates Chief Executive Officers schedule, tracks workflow, ensures paperwork is completed and appropriate follow up is carried out.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Acts as an intermediary for Chief Executive Officer. Interacts with high level contacts requiring considerable discretion and initiative. Makes decisions on specific operating problems within authorized scope.
- Independently composes confidential correspondence, memoranda, documentation and presentation material on a wide variety of subjects requiring a thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures. Reviews, summarizes and responds to documents as required.
- Coordinates and maintains executive schedules; anticipates Chief Executive Officer’s course of action. Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements. Compiles agenda and briefing material; briefs Chief Executive Officer on pertinent agenda issues and prepares minutes for meetings. Point-person for follow-up on meetings, projects and initiatives.
- Oversees special projects, assignments and strategic work. Carries out background research on emerging issues, tracks progress and deadlines to ensure work is completed in a timely manner, and identifies areas which require Chief Executive Officer’s immediate attention.
- Compiles, analyzes and verifies complex financial and/or statistical data. Prepares financial and operational reports, analyzes progress and adverse trends and makes appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Prepares and monitors expense accounts.
- Ensures policies and procedures are up-to-date and modified in accordance with hospital objectives and changes to process, etc. Reviews current practices and provides recommendations as appropriate.
- Sets up and maintains paper and electronic filing systems in accordance to departmental procedures or The Joint Commission record keeping requirements.
- Coordinates and implements special events: publicity, invitations, audio-visual, and/or refreshments.