University of Maryland Medical Center is seeking new graduate registered nurses to join our team in Cardiac Surgery Telemetry / Step Down.
Cardiac Surgery Step Down:
The Cardiac Surgery Step-Down Unit is a 26-bed unit that provides care to adult patients requiring pre- and post-operative care for heart surgery. There are 22 private and 4 semi-private beds, all with telemetry monitoring. This feature allows the heart team to monitor you 24 hours a day while nurses work with complex care patients.
Members of the Cardiac Surgery Step-Down nursing team care for post open-heart surgery patients who are one or more days removed from surgery. Patients on the unit will have undergone invasive open-chest procedures including: heart and lung transplants, Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD), and more. The patient care involves working with the inter-disciplinary team to progress patients through the care plan by providing top of its class nursing, respiratory, and physical therapy care to patients so they can ambulate and recover from their surgery.
Who We Are:
University of Maryland Medical Center, located in downtown Baltimore, MD, is an 800 bed Academic Medical Center. Acting as the flagship hospital of the 12 member University of Maryland Medical System, UMMC has a workforce of more than 8,000 employees caring for the community of Baltimore. As a Magnet Designated hospital, we focus on progressing the career of our nursing staff and look for likeminded individuals to join our team.
• Superior training and development as a new RN through our nurse residency program
• Up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement each to pursue your post-graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing;
• An achievable professional advancement model;
• Recognition as a Magnet designated hospital that supports a nursing centric professional culture;
• The chance to grow as an individual/professional by joining an Academic Medical Center
• A competitive wage scale with available premiums;
• A full benefit package including: Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, automatic retirement contribution, and more!