The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Performs carpentry, painting, plastering/dry wall resilient and tile flooring, and a variety of general maintenance, repair, overhaul and construction duties throughout the hospital in accordance with departmental procedures.
A. Constructs new interior work, repairs and modifies existing partitions, ceilings, floors, doors, millwork, case work and furniture. Prepares substates and applies final finishes to surfaces including opaque painted finishes, clear and stained finishes, wallcovering, resilient and tile floors.
B. Installs baseboards, glass, pencil sharpeners, wall clocks, bulletin boards, and other miscellaneous hardware.
2. May perform general maintenance on miscellaneous hospital equipment such as wheelchairs, stretchers and desks as needed in accordance with departmental procedures.
3. Assists in maintaining required records, reports, work orders, and miscellaneous information as to document work assignments, as required, in accordance with departmental procedures.
4. Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work environment in accordance with departmental procedures and UMMS safe work practices.
A. Assures proper care in using tools, equipment and supplies.
5. Maintains established hospital and department policies and procedures, objectives, regarding quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control. Applies/observes department procedures regarding appropriate, safe, efficient, and effective use of materials and time.
6. Communicates with patient care personnel regarding potential maintenance problems.