Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
1. Directly supervise center Coordinators/Administrative Support Staff and assure proper staffing levels at all centers.
Works with the Nurse Manager to interview, hire, train/orient, supervise work performance, assigns work and work schedules.
Establishes clear and concise expectations, organizes assignments, reviews work, assesses performance, administers competencies and provides constructive feedback.
Ensures the accurate and timely communication to staff with respect to changes in the registration, scheduling, referral and charge reconciliation process. Includes insurance and payer updates, downtime registration and system upgrades.
Counsels and disciplines staff and recommend personnel actions in accordance with UMMC HR and departmental policies and procedures.
Completes annual administrative staff performance evaluations in a timely manner for non-clinical staff.
Demonstrates and promotes positive employee relations; supports staff education and development.
2. Monitors and audits the efficiency of patient registration, scheduling and referrals/authorizations ensures all aspects of these administrative components are accurate and complete.
Completes and submits all relative finding/trends to department managers and at staff meetings.
Assigns tasks to ensure the workload is evenly distributed and patients are registered in a timely manner.
Managing accuracy of provider scheduling templates and/or coordinate with proper schedule owner. Including design, master and daily adjustments, corrections and new provider and visit type setup and maintenance.
Oversee staff efforts in collecting accurate and timely registration and encounter information.
Assures that all appropriate work queues are actively reconciled and current.
Identifies staff needs for in-services, training and remediation. Assigns, coaches and mentors appropriately.
3. Supports achievement of center’s respective operating budget performance targets, which include goals for patient panels, patient visits, and revenue and expense targets.
In conjunction with nurse manager, monitors and assures monthly financial performance to budget and performs variance reporting.
Compiles, analyzes and/or verifies complex financial and/or statistical data and reports as requested; investigates and resolves issues. Projects and prepares budget recommendations, identifies and resolves anomalies. Works with management team on capacity/space planning and business development issues.
Assures that all Charge Masters are accurate and current.
Responsible for Daily Charge Reconciliation and Charge Error Queues as assigned.
Responsible for Point of Service Collections, including reconciliation, posting and depositing.
Assists with financial function for the outpatient practice; accounts payable, billing and/or office expenditures.
Liaisons with Patient Financial Services and RRAS regarding patient billing issues, CDM management and charge capture.
4. Maintain, oversee, evaluate and enhance the efficient organization and operation of the Centers, staff and their related duties, including assuring that all Centers are compliant with organizational and Ambulatory Service business policies and procedures, as well as all relevant state and federal guidelines and other regulatory requirements.
Ensures the overall satisfactory performance of the department and participates in establishment of clear and concise work procedures and expectations. Uses a systematic process to complete work related activity, monitors results and provides positive and constructive feedback to management staff.
Ensures efficient use of paper and electronic filing systems, and that files are updated and accurate. Orders and maintains office and/or clinical supplies and equipment. Assists in the care and maintenance of department office equipment.
Oversees proper supply levels and ordering, with direction of RN manager for regarding other center supply needs.
Carries out duties of Coordinators/Administrative Support Staff as required.
5. In combined effort with the Nurse Manager acts as network operations liaison with lead providers, Ambulatory Services senior management, Hospital and FPI departments and other related parties as needed. 6. Assure accurate and timely reporting of network activities. 7. Drafts and revises office procedure manuals under the direction of the Director of Ambulatory Business and IT Operations in accordance with UMMC policies and procedures. 8. Monitors adherence to policies regarding patient privacy and confidentiality. 9. Intervenes in guest relations as needed. Determines urgency of situation and calms parents/patients/employees as necessary. Decides in coordination with the Nurse Manager the need to interrupt, contact physicians, administrator or clinicians; prioritizes patient/customer problems/issues. 10. Carries out other administrative tasks as required; organize departmental orientation, annual certifications events and evaluates outcomes, assists with coordination of office moves.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Bachelor’s Degree in business or Allied Health or equivalent preferred.
3 years supervisory experience in an outpatient care setting.