Under direct supervision of the RN or PCT, performs routine and delegated unit based activities to assist in
providing continuity of a client oriented unit with emphasis on quality service, patient/family satisfaction,
continued improvement and high performance. Fulfillment of job duties requires the employee to have
access to medication storage areas and to transport medications to/ from medication storage and delivery
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties
performed by personnel so classified.
1. Delivers specimens to appropriate labs.
2. Obtains medications from pharmacy when needed.
3. Obtains supplies from materials management.
4. Communicates with appropriate departments for needed equipment.
5. Maintains physical appearance of unit according to regulations.
6. Stocks patient rooms and isolation carts with appropriate supplies according to PAR levels.
(direction from PCT)
7. Strips patient rooms after discharge/transfer. Prepares patient rooms for new admission.
(Direction from PCT , final check by RN)
8. Maintains order and cleanliness of utility and nutrition rooms.
9. Maintains order and cleanliness of occupied patient room; assist with transport of stable patient;
assist with turning of patients; spend time with stable patients who are alert, with guidance from