University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System. UMMC Midtown Campus was named a 2014-2015 Best Regional Hospital in Baltimore by U.S. News & World Report.
UMMC Midtown is seeking a full time Ambulatory Nurse Manager for the Pediatric Clinic:
Under general administrative direction, the Ambulatory Clinical Practice Manager is accountable for the delivery of patient care services which supports the strategic plan of the organization and achieves clinical, financial and service quality objectives in a hospital-based practice. This role is accountable for the quality of clinical services delivered for the competency and performance of clinical staff and for designing and maintaining systems to support multidisciplinary team functioning and continuity of services.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Develops, manages and evaluates the system of care delivery and clinical services which meets clinical, financial and service quality objectives.
Assumes a leadership role in managing the quality of services provided in the practice and within the organization at large.
Manages the patient care and administrative operations of a hospital-based practice to assure the ambulatory service's mission, goals and core competencies are met.
Responsible for ensuring adherence and administration of UMMC Midtown Human Resource’s policies and procedures.
Provides the care needed as described in the unit/area/department policies and procedures.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient populations(s) served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
Reviews, understands and implements processes and procedures related to the measurable objectives associated with the Ambulatory Services annual operating plan.
Participates in marketing and public relations efforts.
Serves on appropriate Hospital committees; act as a liaison between the practice and internal/external customers.
Other duties as assigned.
1. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or related field.
2. Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
3. Three to five years of clinical experience. Demonstrated success in a clinical leadership role.
4. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient populations(s) served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
5. Demonstrated highly effective verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated effectiveness as a group leader and participant. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple members of the health care and administrative leadership team.
6. Demonstrated ability to think critically, develop conceptual designs for clinical services and plans and organizes successful projects.