Under moderate supervision, the Scheduling Coordinator performs a variety of clerical activities to support clinical operations including customer service, telephone management, scheduling, and registration. Ensures that all providers schedules are appropriately populated, telephones are managed, and complete registration information is captured prior to each patient visit.
*** THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN MILLERSVILLE, MARYLAND ***
***High School Diploma or GED and one (1) year of experience in a call-center, or customer service related employment is REQUIRED***
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Receives and triages all telephone calls utilizing procedures, policy manuals, knowledgebase and other reference materials to assist in answering customer (patients/providers/staff) inquiries and resolving customer issues.
2. Performs basic registration of all patients for each appointment scheduled utilizing established policies for the capture of complete and up-to-date patient and insurance information.
3. Forwards customer inquiries to providers and/or managers when specific, in-depth functional knowledge is required.
4. Documents all customer inquiries, issues and transactions and performs follow up to ensure all documented issues have been addressed by the necessary staff member to ensure the customer’s needs have been met.
5. Reviews all scheduled appointments for errors and works with peers to correct them prior to patients arrival.
6. Ensures that all required insurance documentation is received prior to scheduling of patients appointments.
7. Maintains providers wait list to ensure all open appointments are filled to prevent loss of volume and revenue.
8. Recognizes unusual events or consistent problem areas and works with Supervisor to resolve.
9. Works as a team member focusing on customer service.
10. Provides recommendations or suggests methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies.
11. Assists with the implementation of programs, policies, and services provided by the company by acting as the customer’s first line of contact.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
As a University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UM CMG) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM CMG and employees.
1. High School Diploma or GED required
2. One (1) year of experience in a call-center, or customer service related employment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. In-depth technical and administrative knowledge of work area and function
2. Recognized as a resource within function for problem solving capabilities
3. Strong communication skills at all levels – including written and oral
4. Strong computer skills
5. Strong customer service skills
6. Strong process skills (process-oriented)
7. Ability to manage detailed work within constant deadlines and time constraints
8. Ability to maintain confidential information
9. Ability to work well independently and be part of a team environment