The Manager of Value Based Care directs and coordinates activities within UMCMG for Quality Management Services. This position reports directly to the director of quality and safety at UMCMG. The Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership and program direction organization wide related to MIPS/MACRA and is responsible for the ongoing development, coordination, and facilitation of implementation, training, and testing methodologies for the company’s value based care initiatives by analyzing practice patterns and payer data.
The manager possesses managerial, team building and communication skills in leading a diverse group of individuals in performing a variety of functions. Works with all Medical Staff Services, Nursing, and Allied Health and/or Support services and ambulatory clinics to ensure successful resolution and outcome. Serves as a change agent, demonstrates strong leadership and professionalism in dealing with all levels at UMCMG. Performs other related functions as required.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individuals assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Develops, documents, and processes information in accordance with future and current policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Uses audit results and feedback to identify deficiencies in test plan, training needs, processes, data quality, and operational performance.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with diverse employees, leaders and other organizational and community representatives.
• Demonstrates flexibility and ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands.
• Able to work collaboratively with a wide range of disciplines in the health care team in order to plan and implement effective quality improvement strategies.
• Assists in planning, coordinating and implementing the quality management and quality improvement programs in conjunction with the goals of the UMCMG.
• Collaborates with Quality Director to maintain an updated repository of quality resources that can be shared (PQRS, MIPS, HEDIS, PCMH, CMS, MU).
• Forges and maintain relationships with Epic Portfolio Community team to collaboratively identify and plan Epic clinical systems and policies as they affect quality reporting.
o Provides reports and data at regularly scheduled intervals to Ops leaders, practice managers and other support staff to keep teams apprised of progress toward meeting quality reporting goals.
o Serves as a liaison with the IT Department, Product Development Workgroups, and other teams as needed for the purpose of ensuring coordination of systems planning that guarantees reliable data entry and reporting
o Serves as a central repository for reporting documentation from all UMCMG sites as required for audit purposes, i.e. Meaningful Use Book of Evidence.
As a University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UM CMG) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM CMG and employees.
• Bachelors degree in health-related field; or an equivalent experience with Ambulatory quality measures/ Meaningful Use.
• Knowledge of MIPS, MACRA, PCMH, HEDIS.
• Knowledge of Center of Medicare/Medicaid Services, Managed Care and other external regulatory agencies.
• Expert knowledge in EPIC and data abstraction, attestation and data validation.
• Three (3) years of experience in ambulatory operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all quality and safety related or other reported issues.
• Strong problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a self-directed team by taking and giving direction and sharing in the responsibility of the team.
• Self-motivated. Able to evaluate the scope of each day’s work and use time management and organizational skills to accomplish assignments.