University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System. UMMC Midtown Campus was named a 2014-2015 Best Regional Hospital in Baltimore by U.S. News & World Report.
UMMC Midtown is seeking a Sitter Nursing Aide FT Day.
The Certified Nursing Assistant assists in the delivery of patient care under the direct clinical supervision of the Registered Nurse. Direct care activities are delegated by the Registered Nurse and consistent with the Maryland Board of Nursing-Nurse Practice Act. Direct care includes activities involving the care and nutrition of patients, provision of direct observation, transportation of patients and documentation of those activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
1.1 Demonstrates skills in obtaining vital signs, including height and weight.
1.2 Demonstrates skills in providing assistance to patients with activities of daily living.
1.3 Demonstrates skills in obtaining specimens.
2. Monitors patients on suicide precautions and close observation.
2.1 Remains within arms length contact of patient when providing one-on-one sitter duty.
3. Identifies and responds promptly to patient needs, respecting dignity and privacy.
4. Assists in providing orientation and instruction to patients.
5. Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with hospital standards.
6. Assists in patient’s transfers and transports.
7. Maintains a safe, clean, recuperative environment.
8. Communicates effectively with other health care providers to ensure continuity and coordination of care, appropriate care delivery, and to report changes in patient’s condition.
9. Supports departmental operations by assisting with clerical duties, supply and environment maintenance.
10. Participates in the orientation, training, and evaluation of new staff.
11. Maintains competency and yearly educational requirements for position.
12. Adheres to all procedures related to infection control principles.
13. Attends and actively participates in meetings as required.
14. Demonstrates support and compliance with UMMC Midtown Campus’ mission, vision, values, philosophy, goals, objectives and policies.
15. Performs additional functions and other activities assigned.
Currently certified as a CNA by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
One year experience as a CNA preferred.