University of Maryland Medical Center, located in downtown Baltimore, MD, is an 800 bed Academic Medical Center. Acting as the flagship hospital of the 12 member University of Maryland Medical System, UMMC has a workforce of more than 8,000 employees caring for the community of Baltimore. As a Magnet Designated hospital, we focus on progressing the career of our nursing staff and look for likeminded individuals to join our team.
Cardiac Progressive Care Unit
The Cardiac Progressive Care Unit is a 26 bed inpatient IMC/telemetry unit and past Beacon Award winning unit that cares for a wide variety of cardiac patients who are cared for by the Primary Cardiology Service and the Advanced Heart Failure service. Some patients are post-myocardial infarction who have received stents, others are receiving a pacemaker or internal defibrillator, and others have end-stage heart failure and are seeking advanced therapies, while others have a quick recovery from minimally invasive valve replacement surgery. The unit cares for patients who have Swan-Ganz catheters, left ventricular assist devices, and home infusion therapies (inotropes, prostaglandins, etc.). UMMC recently was designated as a Pulmonary Hypertension Center of Excellence. The CPCU is proud to be one of two units in UMMC that is trained to care for home continuous prostaglandin therapy.
The CPCU is a teamwork oriented atmosphere encompassing registered nurses, patient care technicians, nurse practitioners, cardiologists, internal medicine residents, clinical social workers, physical and occupational therapists, and students from a variety of those disciplines.
• Superior training and development as a new RN through our nurse residency program;
• Up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement each to pursue your post-graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing;
• An achievable professional advancement model;
• Recognition as a Magnet designated hospital that supports a nursing centric professional culture;
• The chance to grow as an individual/professional by joining an Academic Medical Center
• A full benefit package including: Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, automatic retirement contribution, and more!
• A competitive wage scale with available premiums.