To handle income and outgoing phones calls for University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus staff and patients as needed and requested, while being courteous, respectful and efficient.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operates telephone console, routing incoming calls to the proper departments.
2. Responds to calls in the amount of time/rings determined by the Chief Operator
3. Places calls for hospital staff and patients as needed.
4. Provides excellent customer service to all callers by having a respectful and courteous demeanor.
5. Refers difficult callers to the Supervisor or Chief Operator by either forwarding the phone call or taking the callers name and number for a future call from management.
6. Screen pages and beeps hospital staff as needed and maintains the appropriate logs for in house messaging and paging.
7. Places long distance calls and maintains record those calls placed through the switchboard.
8. Assists hospital personnel with issues regarding usage of telephones.
9. Follows hospital policies and procedures for handling emergency situation i.e. stat calls, code blue, fire, security and other emergency calls as required.
10. Provides answering service for physicians credentialed by the hospital.
11. Recognizes telephone trouble and reports to the appropriate person.
12. Performs clerical and other duties as assigned (sorting schedules, training new employees, etc.
13. Maintains on call scheduling, documentation and makes additions, changes and deletions to manual booking.
14. Abides by hospital and departmental rules, policies and procedures.
15. Ensures that proper care is taken with using Telecommunication equipment.
16. Maintains a high level of professionalism at all times while here in the hospital setting.