Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS)is a 14-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation.
UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Financial Information Systems Analystfor our Hunt Valleylocation.
***Bachelors degree in business or finance related field and 2 years experience developing and analyzing financial and statistical information is REQUIRED***
Under general supervision, develop, analyze, report and interpret financial information to assist management in the formation, implementation, and execution of the organization’s business plans. Coordinates information from accounting software packages and denial information. Assists management in the formulation, implementation and execution of the organization’s business plan.
Principle Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Plans work for self and the information management team, including setting goals, prioritizing work and coordinating the execution of work. Determines resource allocation across multiple information management tasks. Communicates effectively with immediate supervisor. Provides information regarding work progress, actions and issues in a timely and effective manner.
2. Designs spreadsheet and database structures using Microsoft Excel and Access and formats for data storage and management reporting for the account receivable process and/or for the management of financial data. Merges files from multiple sources, as appropriate.
3. Develops data extract programs from multiple data storage sets, such as: HIS, Billings and Collections Systems, and develops data extraction reports for department distribution.
4. Develops and produces physical design of databases in Microsoft Access based upon logical data models by employing program and business requirements and analysis; Works closely with system users to ensure information system strategies are aligned with Business, Finance and Personnel needs.
5. Designs PC-based management reports. Recommends reporting formats for appropriate presentation of information.
6. Produces and distributes ad-hoc and routing performance management reports.
7. Organizes and stores management information in electronic and paper formats for future retrieval. Provides guidance and instructions to employees regarding the database systems utilized.
8. Develops written policy procedures for information reporting and management activities.
9. Produces reports of failed bills for HIM and PFS Billing staff to use as a quality monitor. Employee Benefits
As an employee of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Bachelor’s degree in business or finance related field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Two year experience developing and analyzing financial and statistical information is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of the principles of accounting and financial analysis.
Demonstrated proficiency in report generation using spreadsheet, word processing, and database management software packages is required.
Proficient use of MS Excel is required in certain departmental areas.
Demonstration of proficiency in data entry and manipulation of data.
Ability to continuously develops and enhances skills related to job performance. Participates in UMMS educational opportunities internal and external to UMMS.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required to assist management in the creation and explanations of reports generated from data management and reporting.