University of Maryland Medical Center's Division of Community Psychiatry is seeking an experienced, licensed (LCSW-C), Psychiatric Social Worker for the Carruthers Clinic, located at Midtown Campus.
The Division of Community Psychiatry is seeking an experienced, licensed, psychiatric social worker for the Walter P. Carter Fayette Clinic on the adult team. The clinic is located at the University of Maryland Midtown Campus.
The clinics are a part of a large academic Department of Psychiatry that is committed to excellence in service, teaching and research. The clinic provides comprehensive mental health services to adults and children.As a primary therapist on a multidisciplinary team, in a community mental health clinic, the incumbent is responsible for providing individual, group and family therapy, as well as case management and dual diagnosis services to adults. The caseload size is approximately 70-75.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- Interviews patients, family members, and/or significant others identified through case finding or referral to assess needs for social work services.
- Reviews patient chart and nursing care plans for pertinent medical care or nursing care information.
- Provides family counseling and other clinical services to patients, such as, psychotherapy, cognitive.
- Interprets psycho-social services programs and procedures to client, staff and community organizations.
- Coordinates and maintains a viable discharge planning program for the assigned service area to identify patient needs and plan for appropriate after-care services.
- Documents appropriate data from psycho-social assessments, individual contacts, family interventions and discharge planning according to department policy and procedures and State, Federal, and Joint Commission stipulated requirements.
- Prepares and submits statistical information according to departmental policy on "reporting and recording" for continuity of care.