Patient Care Coordinator– Med/Surg (full-time / Night Shift)
When we say “our community” we mean it. University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System. When you join or team of Registered Nurses, you’ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff members who provide care in 30+ specialties. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other. Our supportive workplace community, coupled with an extensive benefits package and bright future, make University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus a smart choice for your career.
Under the general direction of a Clinical Manager, the Coordinator assumes administrative responsibility for the assigned unit. The function of the Patient Care Coordinator is to insure the prompt, safe and effective care of the patient. Serves as a liaison between administration and staff as well as assists unit personnel, physicians, and other staff in problem solving, interpretation of institutional policies and procedures, and coordination of patient care services.
- The Patient Care Coordinator (RN) is a member of the Nursing Management Team with responsibility and accountability for the operations of the Med/Surg Unit.
- The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) provides overall supervision to the staff and support staff.
- The PCC functions as a role model, and promotes positive working relationships.
- The PCC is responsible for communicating patient, physician, visitors and facility problems to the Clinical Manager.
- In addition, the PCC participates in the planning for the unit and supports performance and budgetary initiatives established by the department.