The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Oversees the various aspects of the food preparation process on an on-going basis, ensuring that food quality and presentation meets or exceeds the expectations of the customer. Issues daily job assignments.
2. Performs human resources functions to include monitoring performance of staff; preparing performance appraisals for review by manager; assisting with counseling staff for non-compliance to standards; interviewing, and selecting staff.
3. Assists with preparation of work schedules, vacation, holiday or other schedules for employees. Schedules employees to fill positions as designated by a master schedule.
4. Approves and documents time deviations on timesheets. Ensures that timesheets are completed correctly.
5. Orients new employees to department and hospital policies and procedures. Ensures that employees are adequately trained to perform duties.
6. Utilizes production sheets for all areas of food production to ensure that proper amounts of food are being prepared and that the timeliness of food service is maintained.
7. Prepares food service for catering functions as required.
8. Reports, through meetings, telephone calls, and written reports/documentation, to the production manager on a regular basis.
9. Seeks feedback on food quality through regular interaction with cafeteria and catering customers as well as patients.
10. Investigates all comments which may indicate deterioration in the quality of food provided.
11. Meets with the production manager to ensure that new menus or recipes meet budgeted food costs.
12. Assists the production manager in managing labor and food budget.
13. Prepares new menus as needed in consultation with the production manager, and the cafeteria, catering, and for patient services.
14. Maintains safety, health, and sanitation standards at all times, according to departmental policy. Maintains all policies and insures regulatory guidelines are met.