Main Function: Performs sterile processing and instrument tray assembly in accordance with JCAHO and AORN regulatory requirements. Responsible for the collection, cleaning, assembly and distribution of medical equipment to patient care areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Process, inspect, and pack complex instrument trays utilized in surgery, labor and deliver and nursing services.
2. Performs processing and assembly of ERT and special carts, including documentation of same in the absence of available Central Supply Distribution personnel.
3. Operates steam and Sterrad sterilizers to include proper documentation.
4. Performs visual inspection of packages during and after processing, checking for damage, expiration or correct labeling.
5. Decontaminate and clean reusable items and medical equipment according to department procedures.
6. Performs housekeeping duties related to supply processing.
7. Dispense supplies and/or equipment to designated areas based on par levels or requisition.
8. Adheres to the Hospital and Central Sterile policies, procedures and safety precautions.
9. Conducts routine inspections of CSP and user storage areas to assure quality of sterile items.
10. Perform other department duties as assigned.
11. Demonstrates the use of equipment in a safe and proper manner.
Demonstrates support and compliance with the Maryland General Health System and subsidiary corporations’ mission, vision, philosophy, goals, objectives and policies