The Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) is a 15 bed unit that provides 24 hour care to adult patients with medical cardiac conditions who require intensive care monitoring and hemodynamic monitoring support. The patients are admitted and followed by the Cardiology Service for the management of cardiac diagnoses, arrhythmia detection and care after complicated cardiac interventional procedures.
University of Maryland Medical Center Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) has been honored as a recipient of the Beacon Award by AACN. As a recipient of the coveted Magnet designation, the University of Maryland Medical Center is recognized among the best in the country for our quality of nursing care and innovative practice. Ours is a fast-paced environment, where you'll find new and challenging situations every day.
You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and further your career, as well as being a part of a world-class Cardiac Team.
• A competitive wage scale with available premiums
• Up to $10,000 a year for your post-graduate degree at the University of Maryland
• An achievable professional advancement model
• The chance to grow as an individual/professional by joining a leading national center for Cardiac Surgery in a revolutionary approach to patient care
• A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, retirement contribution, and more!