The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Provides a customer oriented reception and information service for patients, visitors, family members and patient care providers. Coordinates messages and information to and from patients and patient care providers. Establishes effective, customer oriented relationships with internal staff, patients, visitors and healthcare providers.
2. Demonstrates a professional and customer-oriented appearance and demeanor at all times. Demonstrates appropriate verbal and telephone skills.
3. Ensures the integrity, completeness and confidentiality of the patient record, including compiling and ensuring completeness at discharge and transfer, according to standards set by Medical Records. Files patient information appropriately, and notifies appropriate staff members of new information that affects patient care or patient flow.
4. Appropriately uses automated systems to access, enter and manage clinical information, including orders and requisitions, summary reports and other information.
5. Maintains confidentiality of all patient data (verbal, written, electronic).
6. Coordinates patient appointments and transportation and ensures that information about patient activities, appointments and requests is appropriately routed and acted upon.
7. Coordinates the movement of supplies, equipment, nourishment, laboratory specimens, and other patient care and administrative materials to and from the unit in an appropriate and timely manner. Orders, receives and distributes mail and supplies. Coordinates the ordering of online forms.
8. Provides clerical support activities (typing, filing, photocopying, mailing, census reconciliation, errands) as requested.
9. Provides support activities related to the electronic medical record (to include but not limited to, verifying physician attending in electronic medical record with the plate and taking corrective actions to update as needed, A/D/T notifications, pull-up of patient lists, physician order monitoring and notification of nursing staff, label management, contacting helpdesk as needed, and providing support during down times).
10. Maintains the order and appearance of public areas (nurse’s station, patient areas, etc.). Notifies support services when there are issues related to housekeeping or facilities maintenance. Follow up on identified issues and assures action is taken.