|The University of Maryland Medical Center is currently seeking a Program Team Lead for our new Psychiatry Outpatient program - DASAM . Located at the University Of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards; you won't find a more vibrant place to work! |
***Must be proficient in American Sign Language. supervisory experience is also required
Under limited supervision coordinates and directs the functioning of a multidisciplinary treatment team in a decentralized outpatient mental health program. Provides clinical supervision and consultation to staff and provides advanced mental health treatment and case management to the most difficult patients. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Responsible for the first line administrative supervision of a multidisciplinary treatment team of professional mental health staff and students. A. Assists in evaluation of problem areas in clinic functioning. Makes recommendations regarding program and staff assignments to the Program Director. B. Approves staff requests for leave and arranges for adequate clinical coverage when team members are absent. C. Reviews team members’ administrative assignments and responsibilities, counsels them and employs disciplinary measures when members are not compliant with clinic standards. Ongoing evaluation of team members is performed through regular contact and annual evaluations.
2. Conducts clinical team meetings with consulting psychiatrists and clinical staff to present new cases for assignment and treatment planning and ongoing cases for additional input. A. Assigns cases to team members based on assessment of caseload size and clinical expertise. B. Assists team to develop initial treatment plans on new cases; coordinates presentation of ongoing difficult cases for additional team input. C. Keeps statistics regarding volume of service, caseload size, admissions and discharges in order to have an equitable distribution of clinical work. D. Provides clinical consultation to team members in absence of clinical supervisor and in emergencies.
3. Provides advanced psychiatric social work and mental health services to a caseload of the most difficult and complex cases. A. Advocates for patients with various social systems when appropriate, and coordinates treatment with other involved agencies. Provides case management, as needed. B. Implements individual treatment plans as recommended by the clinical treatment team utilizing individual, family and group therapy. C. Documents clinical interventions and patient’s progress through regular case recordings, review, and reformulation of treatment plans. D. Consults with other disciplines to ensure adequate case management. E. Conducts intake interviews and presents intakes to clinical team for formulation of treatment plans.
4. Provides consultation and educational services to community agencies as needed.
5. Participates in interdisciplinary conferences with appropriate medical, nursing and administrative staff.