University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System. UMMC Midtown Campus was named a 2014-2015 Best Regional Hospital in Baltimore by U.S. News & World Report.
UMMC Midtown is seeking a Patient Care Technician Per Diem Rotating Shifts.
Main Function: The Patient Care Technician assists in the delivery of patient care under the direct clinical supervision of the Registered Nurse. Direct care activities are delegated by the Registered Nurse and consistent with the Maryland Board of Nursing-Nurse Practice Act. Direct care includes activities involving the care and nutrition of patients, provision of direct observation, transportation of patients and documentation of those activities.
Duties and Responsibilities: Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Provides care on a functional basis to a patient or group of patients. Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
10. Assists in patient’s transfers and transports.
11. Maintains a safe, clean, recuperative environment.
12. Communicates effectively with other health care providers to ensure continuity and coordination of care, appropriate care delivery, and to report changes in patient’s condition.
13. Supports departmental operations by assisting with clerical duties, supply and environment maintenance.
14. Participates in the orientation, training, and evaluation of new staff.
15. Maintains competency and yearly educational requirements for position.
16. Adheres to all procedures related to infection control principles.
17. Attends and actively participates in meetings as required.
18. Demonstrates support and compliance with UMMC Midtown Campus’ mission, vision, values, philosophy, goals, objectives and policies.
19. Performs additional functions and other activities assigned.
20. Performs the following procedures competently and per policy and procedures under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse:a. fingersticks
One year experience as a CNA or PCT preferred.
Currently certified as a CNA by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
High School diploma or GED.