University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System. UMMC Midtown Campus was named a 2014-2015 Best Regional Hospital in Baltimore by U.S. News & World Report.
UMMC Midtown is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Psych FT Night.
Main Function: The CNII (CN-II) is a member of the health care team and renders nursing care to all patients within her/his assigned unit/area, assuring the nursing process is followed from admission through discharge. The CN-II collaborates with other members of the health team, delegates appropriately to support staff and directs care to assure the patient’s care needs are met. The CN-II is expected to exercise good judgment in the care of patients and the management of personnel. The CN-II promotes teamwork with physicians and personnel from other units/areas/departments. The CN-II must stay current with standards of practice through ongoing education relevant to nursing, such as the Nurse Practice Act. The RN’s actions and attitudes will promote and support the hospital’s mission and core values. In addition, the CN-II nurse must have demonstrated the ability to function as charge nurse efficiently and/or precept new staff members.
They must be able to demonstrate, document, and teach others as it relates to their unit: core measures, restraints, falls, wound, pain, customer service, National Patient Safety Goals, critical values, patient teaching, and suicide assessment.
This nurse is able to competently demonstrate the ability to delegate to and supervise personnel. He/she is able to integrate technical competencies while integrating the biopsychosocial aspects of patient care. He/she demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and caring for groups of patients. He/she consults others for assistance in recognizing his/her strengths and areas in need of professional growth. Professional nursing practice complies with the Maryland Practice Act.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
10. Completes patient and family teaching, assesses understanding and document accordingly.
11. Communicates and collaborates effectively with other members of the health care team to ensure continuity and coordination of care, appropriate care delivery and to report changes in patient’s condition.
12. Facilitates safe and timely patient throughput, including admission/transfer/discharge, diagnostics and therapeutics.
13. Complies with hospital policies and practices in all aspects of care and professional behavior.
14. Follows Joint Commission (TJC) and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) standards as part of routine practice.
15. Assists with annual PCT core competency program.
16. Attends and actively participates in unit staff meetings.
17. Attends and actively participates in shared governance through participation on committees or task forces.
18. Supports Shared Governance.
19. Demonstrates support and compliance with UMMC Midtown Campus’ mission, vision, values, philosophy, goals objectives and policies.
20. Meets the continuing education and participation requirements of the clinical ladder.