- 24 hours per week, primarily day shift (8a - 8:30p)
- Average patient ratio of 4:1
- Collaborate with a family-friendly and inviting team: everyone is patient focused and goal-oriented
- Manager allows staff to make decisions; not a micromanager
- Training/certifications highly encouraged and supported
- Growth opportunities abound, from multiple councils and Charge Nurse roles to eligibility to transfer to other units
- Functions as a stepdown unit: administer multiple drips, interpret rhythm and direct care, work with vents and perform vascular work
- Common diagnoses include general surgery, complex gastrointestinal (GI), genitourinary (GU), vascular, thoracic, orthopedic, and oncology
- 30 bed unit operates 24/7 with an average daily census of 27.9 and average length of stay of 3-5 days
- Major treatments/procedures include post-surgical care, continuous cardiac monitoring, routine vital signs every 4 hours and intermittent pulse oximetry
About University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center:
The Right Choice. Right Here.
Join our team of Registered Nurses and provide the highest level of care. Experience the highest level of appreciation.At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success— and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our nationally recognized facility features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another. Experience the appreciation you deserve.