Under direct supervision, cooks and serves grilled entrée food items such as eggs, bacon, hamburgers, made to order items, etc. Prepares, stocks and services on the Deli including grilled Panini sandwiches.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Cooks and prepares food items such as made to order items, hamburgers, hot dogs, eggs, bacon, deli, etc. According to department recipes and guidelines, or as requested by cafeteria customers.
2. Politely greets customers at time of food order and prepares food to order. Serves food from grill to customer displaying a courteous attitude and representing the Medical System in a positive manner to all customers.
3. Slices, carves, or otherwise portions foods to ensure effective portion control and optimum use of food.
4. Prepares hospital daily grill or deli special according to schedule, and displays special for purchase in the cafeteria.
5. Maintains a safe and sanitary work area at all times. At completion of shift, or when needed, completely clean and sanitize work area to include but not limited to grill surface, floor, walls, steamwells, hood exhaust system, etc. Empties trash and break down all cardboard boxes for disposal.
6. Reports spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies or equipment, and other unusual conditions to the supervisor. Returns unused food, including labels and dates, to main kitchen or refrigerator.
7. Adheres to HAACP food handling and guidelines. Maintain temperature logs of prepared foods, holding refrigerators, etc.
8. Maintains compliance with standards of operation for services especially guidelines for food handling and storage. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.