Home Health Aide / UM Shore @ Easton
UM Shore Regional Health is seeking a Home Health Aide for our Hospital located in Easton, MD
Must have valid driver's license AND passing score on NLN home Health Care Aide Skills Assessment test
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, and in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, provides personal care for the homebound patient. The Home Health Aide is responsible for servicing patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort; adheres to the written care plan instructions issued by the primary case coordinator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Gives basic care such as baths and back rubs, cares for nails and teeth, assists with exercises and retrains the patient in self-help skills such as dressing. Follows HHCA assignment sheet, which must be present in home.
2. Demonstrates and teaches caregivers in methods of personal care with emphasis on infection control and safety in the home.
3. Assists patients in moving from bed to chair or wheelchair and in walking.
4. Performs certain household services such as changing the bed, doing light cleaning around patient’s areas, maintains safe pathways for each accessibility to supplies and medications, assists with laundry, assists in preparation of regular meals and washes utensils.
5. Takes temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
6. Gives and removes urinal or bedpan, empties drainage bag and bedside commode.
7. Encourages socialization of patient through conversation, listening and activity.
8. Recognizes when preventative measures could be taken and reports same to primary care nurse or Clinical Supervisor as appropriate.
9. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality at all times.
10. Recognizes, reports and records changes in patient’s condition to primary cases nurse or Clinical Supervisor as appropriate.
11. Maintains a simple record of each visit to the patient, noting services rendered, vital signs and case coordination.
High School diploma or equivalent
Home Health Aide training certificate
Passing score on the NLN Home Health Care Aide Skills Assessment Test required
Twelve inservice topics within a twelve month period
Valid Driver’s License