The Business System Support Analyst gathers and analyzes prospective user needs. Develops and maintains an information system to efficiently meet the department’s needs. Documents fact finding results and makes formal presentations of findings, recommendations and specifications. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in the preparation and adherence to the capital and operational budgets.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Develops and tests new or modifies report formats, customized programs to manipulate data, or changes to file structure; creates our updates functional specifications for new or modified reports and applications; coordinate with lead user and developer to test and implement new or modified programs as needed.
2. Reviews edit reports and operator error messages and provides applications support to end users for financial management system and related applications.
3. Assist the Financial Information Systems Analysts to develop and implement technical training requirements and opportunities.
4. Provides technical support to planning, systems development and operational activities.
5. Prepares timely and accurate monthly reports for other departments within Patient Financial Services.
6. Applies accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls, and audit trails are maintained throughout applications.
7. Coordinates preparation and maintenance of capital equipment, operational and salary budgets.
8. Performs professional work related to special projects involving programming, systems analysis, or financial management, as required.
9. Interprets and implements cost accounting reports. Plans and develops corrective action programs for negative budget variances with the managers.
10. Informs and educates staff as to the cost of operating the department. Prepares user guides, technical guides and provides training for all aspects of the system. Organizes and stores management information in electronic and paper formats for future retrieval. Develops tools and methods to gather source data for entry. Performs necessary programming as required.
As a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Three years information systems work experience with systems design, analysis and programming exposure in a technical or business environment is required.
Experience planning, coordinating and successfully installing networked computer systems.