The UM St. Joseph Medical Group is a growing network of physicians who are affiliated with St. Joseph Medical Center. The group includes primary care physicians (internists, family practitioners, OB/GYNs), specialists and surgeons with offices in communities throughout the Greater Baltimore region.
Many of the area’s most respected primary care and specialty practices have joined to take advantage of the remarkable resources, expertise and convenience of St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson. The renowned physicians and specialists. The recognized centers of excellence in cancer, cardiac care, women and children, and orthopedics. The world-class care with community-based caring.
1. Contacts physicians and other healthcare providers to clarify diagnoses and procedures. Sequence codes accurately for optimal reimbursement.
2. Provides education to physicians and ancillary staff on appropriate documentation needs for coding.
EDUCATION AND INSERVICES:
1. Participates in coding in-services and other programs to ensure skills are fresh and up-to-date.
ENSURES QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK IN ORDER TO MEET PRODUCTIVITY STANDARDS:
1. Ensures accurate interpretation of medical records to complete daily medical coding for primary care charges and specialist charges are accurate and in compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Works with collaboratively AR (Accounts Receivable) to resolve coding denials.
As a UM St. Joseph Medical Group employee, and a part of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), you may be eligible for some company benefits. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM St. Joseph Medical Group and employees.
High School Diploma or GED is required. Associates degree is preferred.
Certification / Licensure / Registration:
1. Certified Professional Coder (CPC) (CPC-A) or Certified Coding Specialists (CCS)(required)
2. ICD-10 certification (required)
Experience and Skills
2-4 years of Medical Coding experience (required)
2-4 years working knowledge of medical terminology, basic coding skills including familiarity with ICD-10 and CPT coding (required)
1 year Epic experience (preferred)
Basic computer skills, excellent organization skills, demonstrated high degree of coding accuracy, excellent data entry skills