The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Receive incoming medical and non-medical materials, supplies and equipment delivered to the hospital from various vendors, daily.
A. Assists in unloading delivery trucks from the dock. Receivers do not go up on common carrier trucks at anytime.
B. Accepts or refuses deliveries based on established department criteria, such as, inaccurate delivery address or inappropriate deliveries attempted after hours.
C. Documents items received either manually or in the Materials Management Information System.
2. Inspects deliveries by comparing information on packing slip with original purchase order to verify the accuracy of the shipment, daily.
A. Opens and inspects package contents for damage or defects; records discrepancies and damage information and notifies supervisor and/or Purchasing Department personnel as appropriate.
B. Contacts vendors as needed to identify destination of unlabeled deliveries, specifically, packages without purchase order numbers or department name.
C. Verifies count of items received and notes discrepancies on packing slip and in Materials Management Information System (Cullinet).
3. Delivers medical and nonmedical materials, supplies and equipment to user departments upon receipt, daily. Sorts delivered supplies by department and loads delivery carts for delivery. Uses materials handling equipment, as appropriate.
4. Returns materials, supplies and equipment to vendors, as necessary. Retrieves supplies to be returned to vendors from various UMMS departments. Weighs and determines value and shipping cost of items for shipment back to vendor. Seals and secures packages for return as needed.
5. Records, updates and monitors, regularly, files, logs and records relative to receiving activities, such as, for packing slips, vendor information, and purchase orders.
6. Maintains department supplies and equipment in good working order. Reports equipment or supply problems to the supervisor as necessary. Maintains a clean and neat work area.
7. Observes departmental and general UMMS policies and procedures, particularly relating to the practices of safety and security measures.
8. Attends in-service training programs and external educational programs to support professional growth and development, as directed by supervisor.