The University of Maryland Medical System is a 12-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Web Project Specialist for our Baltimore location.
***** Bachelor’s Degree and two years of related experience *****
Under general supervision of the Director, Web Services, the Web Content Specialist will assist with the day-to-day maintenance of websites and other digital assets for the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS).
1. Makes system and entity web updates using content management system.
2. Informed by the system website editorial calendar, tracks content updates, reaching out to subject matter experts and implementing timely updates.
3. Monitors user pathway through websites, identifying opportunities and suggesting enhancements to improve the user experience.
4. Responds to consumer website inquiries, analyzing requests and recommending improvements to site content and methods for user engagement.
5. Corrects misspellings, broken links, and other usability issues using third-party tool.
6. Assists with managing website domain purchases, renewals and transfers.
7. Reviews web content for adherence to AP Style, search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and brand standards.
8. Keeps abreast of healthcare internet trends, technology and best practices.