Join Our Team at UMMC at Midtown Campus!
Do love the ‘City Life’? How would you like to be within walking distance from cheering for your favorite team? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
University of Maryland at Midtown Campus is seeking a full-time, rotating Patient Care Coordinator that will direct and oversee the overall activities of the unit in collaboration with the nurse manager.
- Leadership: You will work daily with senior level managers to help hire, train and develop future leaders. You will delegate duties appropriately to staff, consistent with legal and professional guidelines and department standards.
- Teamwork: In this role you will foster interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships with other departments by participating in meetings; coordinating information and care requirements.
- Market Leadership: UMMC at Midtown was named 2014-2015 “Best Regional Hospital” in Baltimore by U.S. News.
What You Will Do:
As a Patient Care Coordinator you will oversee all the unit/department staff. The PCC will conduct annual performance evaluations of nursing staff, recommend any disciplinary measures and will implement any directives issued by the clinical manager or director.
What You Will Need:
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Nursing is *Required*. A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and/or active pursuit of advanced degree or specialty certification is *Preferred*
- Certification / Licensure / Registration: BLS Certification and State Registered Nurse License is *Required*.
- Experience and Skills: 2 - 4 years Clinical experience with Acute Care is *Required*. One year Membership in a Professional Association or Society and at least 4 years Prior Charge Nurse or PCC experience is Preferred.