Under direct supervision, hauls waste from waste collection areas to the facilities main waste pick up area. Keeps areas clean and sanitized. Takes appropriate and necessary precautions to ensure the safety of patients, visitors and other associates in accordance with standards set forth by the Joint Commission, OSHA and other regulatory agencies. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Performs cleaning and sanitizing of assigned waste areas within the Medical Center including but not limited to; floors, walls, waste collection carts and tipster, and collection rooms.
2. Loads waste materials onto trailer or designated dumpster or conveyance. Cleans and maintains the waste removal dock area including dumpsters.
3. Follows all departmental and medical center sanitation procedures.
4. Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Maintains knowledge and complies with all Joint Commission, OSHA and other local, state and federal government regulations. Must adhere to the policies and procedures regarding confidentiality and other HIPPA requirements.
5. Provides hospitable service and follows service recovery principles daily and consistently.