What You Will Do:
UMMC is seeking a Per Diem / Supplemental Medical Lab Scientist (Rotating) in our Microbiology Lab
About the Microbiology Lab: We are a full service microbiology lab, utilizing molecular and Maldi-Tof technology, along with classical methodologies when appropriate.
As a Per Diem / Supplemental Medical Lab Scientist you are responsible for quality, efficiency and safety in the performance of all laboratory functions including:
• analyses on a variety of sample types, maintaining proper records and utilizing independent judgment to generate quality test results.
• assist with development and modification of procedures and take action to correct observed risks to patient safety.What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, basic sciences or related field required.
- Must be eligible for certification by a nationally recognized program, e.g. ASCP or equivalent. Must be certified within 12 months of employment.
- Successful completion of NACCLS accredited clinical rotation or at least 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in an accredited hospital or reference laboratory setting.