Under moderate supervision, the Surgical Scheduling Coordinatorperforms a variety of clerical duties related to scheduling and surgical scheduling in the physician office setting. Schedules routine and emergency surgical cases or procedures using the computer in accordance with the departmental policy.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN EASTON, MD
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE REQUIRED
High School diploma or equivalent
Previous experience using a basic office suite, such as Microsoft
One (1) year of Medical Office experience or previous Unit Secretary experience
Experience with insurance eligibility verification and authorization in outpatient physician setting
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Responsible for collaborative interaction with patients, physicians, other staff members and management, patient satisfaction and accurate processing of all front-end functions.
2. Plans and directs pre-verification of patient insurance, registration, billing and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate patient billing and efficient account collection.
3. Appropriately responds to patient inquiries via telephone following established protocols.
4. Follows procedures for verification of patient demographics information including insurance verification prior to the patient visit for all pre-scheduled patients.
5. Utilizing established protocols, appropriately schedules patients whenever possible, at the patients’ convenience for physician visit.
6. Registers all patients at each visit utilizing established policies for the capture of complete and up-to-date patient and insurance information.
7. Receives and documents in the information system patient responsible payments including co-payments, past balance payments, and time of service patient-responsible charges.
8. Appropriately establishes patient arrival for appointment and notifies clinical personnel of patients arrival
9. Discharges each patient via established policies, including charge entry for current visit if appropriate, scheduling of future appointments, facilitation of ancillary procedures as necessary, and provides for the patient a receipt for services rendered.
10. Shall utilize coding expertise for charge entry functions.
11. Performs surgical and other hospital charge entry functions as assigned.
12. As necessary, will collaborate with providers regarding appropriate coding procedures.
13. Following UMCMG policy, appropriately reconciles cash and charge batches, balances cash drawer, prepares deposits, and reconciles charges to visits and the co-pay holding file with an accurate balance for each opened batch.
14. As assigned, processes all referral requests by physicians and patients within a timely manner and according to clinic procedure.
15. As assigned, processes and maintains medical records in accordance with records protocols
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
As a University of Maryland Community Medical Group (UM CMG) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UM CMG and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Previous experience using a basic office suite, such as Microsoft, required.
One (1) year of Medical office experience or previous unit secretary experience is required.
Experience with insurance eligibility verification and authorization in outpatient physician setting required.
Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must demonstrate the ability to interact with personnel of all levels within the organization and work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, customer orientation and an outgoing and pleasant demeanor.
Prior experience and demonstrated competence with patient or customer information systems.
Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels hospital staff, patients, visitors, and levels of staff.