Under direct supervision, provides support of UMMC Utility Outage Program (such as prohibiting or having the potential of disrupting mechanical, electrical or operational services from routine operation). Communicates with the Manager, Project Development staff, Operations & Maintenance staff and contractors to mitigate risk to MedicalCenter by all construction related activity.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Support of UMMC Utility Outage Program: Monitors, limits and mitigate the risk related to short term disruption to any critical utilities and life safety protection systems.
A. Investigation of areas affected by actual and proposed outages.
B. Assists during project outages and with assigning staff appropriate to support the Utility Outage Program and any sudden outages.
C. Review proposed outage requests submitted by Project Managers or their designees.
D. Assists with coordination of the master outage schedule to minimize disruption to critical utilities.
2. Assist with identifying and assessing environmental effects that may be caused by demolition/ renovation /construction with the aim of protecting and enhancing the quality of the environment of care for the patients, visitors, and staff of the Medical Center.
3. Assists with routine project coordination issues:
A. Reviews project plans and specifications to ensure compliance with established standards and guidelines and validates plant functionality.
B. Works with Project Managers to monitor safety and compliance on construction sites within the Medical Center.
4. Reviews field conditions with Contractors and Project Managers to define cost effective means of addressing unforeseen conditions on construction sites within the Medical Center.
5. Assists in ensuring existing system adequacy or recommend modifications or other options in order to implement building modifications.
6. Assists with the UMMC Hot Work permitting program (Hot work is all work defined as such under NFPA 51B). Provides assistance in issuing hot work permits for all hot work being performed at the Medical Center.
A. Assists managing safety and quality control for hot work being performed, tracks compliance percentages for the hot work permit process with the Capital Program Coordinator
B. Provides recommendations and provides assistance in managing changes in the hot work permit process in conjunction with the Medical Center’s building insurance carrier.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field or equivalent experience is required. Demonstrated equivalent knowledge gained though construction-related work experience, training, certification and competency may be substituted.
2. Two years professional facility operations experience in Hospital setting is preferred.
3. Certification in Hot Work and/or Loss Prevention by FM Global or other corporate property casualty insurer required within first year of hire into the job.